Thursday, October 1, 2015

Happy October: Our Fall Mantel

In honor of the first day of October, I decided to show you the only corner of my home that is decorated for fall.... and a little update on what I've been up to lately.




In the last few years, I have made a few of these kind of signs for Christmas presents, but have wanted to expand my collection for quite a while now. I decided to take one of my favorite fall quotes (inspired by this print) and smack some paint on this 30" x 33" sign that Nathan constructed and stained. This thing is huge and massive and heavy- but it's the perfect size for a statement piece on your mantel.


I tore into my box of fall foliage to finish off the mantel. (I have an overwhelming assortment- would hate to know how much I have spent on fake berries and leaves over the past few years). I think I would have liked real pumpkins up there, but I'm just using what I have. Not sure if I'm going to spend lots of money on pumpkins this year because I'm usually sick of them by November 1st and I'm on a #Budget.




If you're interested in a sign or canvas for your home- you can email me at 724SouthHouse@gmail.com. Mainly working with Louisville, Lexington, Cincinnati area, but shipping is also an option ($$$).  The smaller version of the sign is 20" x 22". If you have a certain quote in mind- or would want something personalized for your home or wedding- I can work with you! I'm already working on a few custom orders that I'm excited about!

Below is another one that I have done- This is the smaller 20" x 22" version.


Thankfully, my friends have been very nice to me and I have not stopped painting since I posted about these last week on Facebook! Thanks Friends! Get ready for Christmas overload!

In the meantime, Happy October!

-Tricia

 

1 comment: